Thank you for your interest in participating as a flag holder for the DIRECTV Holiday Bowl Big flag on Wednesday, December
27th, 2023. If you are interested in helping hold and unfurl the “Big Flag” on the field at Petco Park as part of the pre-game ceremony of the 44th annual DIRECTV Holiday Bowl, please fill out the interest form at the bottom of this page. You will be contacted by Phil Snyder regarding your submission.
Please read all the details below carefully to determine whether you would like to participate. All Big Flag holders will receive a complimentary ticket to this year’s DIRECTV Holiday Bowl, which will be provided to volunteers following the pre-game event.
Date: Wednesday, December 27th, 2023
Meeting Location: Check-in with Arturo at the Hilton Bayfront Lawn. Hilton Bayfront Lawn, located at 1 Park Blvd San Diego 92101
Guests: No guests are permitted to join you
Phones: All phones should be silent and put away.
Personal Belongings: Gameday bag policies apply.
Day of Schedule:
• 11:45AM Check in with Arturo.
• 12:00PM—2:00PM Flag holding rehearsal will take place lead by Arturo.
• 2:00PM—3:00PM Wristband Distribution, lunch break.
• 3:00PM Flag holders will walk the flag back to Tony Gwynn Drive to be staged for pre-game.
• 4:00PM Flag holders staged in Breezeway.
• 5:00PM Flag holders move onto the field.
• 5:02 Flag Unfurled
• 5:05PM Kick-Off; flag holder participants are dismissed and redirected to exit the Breezeway.
Will need to re-enter the stadium via entry gates with their tickets.